Search Community

Scroll Magic Banner with Gsap scrollTo

Anders Villomann test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I am new to gsap and currently trying to figure out how to make a banner using scroll magic. I would like to animate the scroll by using an id and using the gsap scrollTo plugin. I have looked at examples on both gsap and scroll magic but they both break the progress bar/slide animation and/or on click will go to the id but won't animate the scroll. If someone can point me in the right direction it would greatly be appreciated!!!

See the Pen gOaqeGB?editors=1010 by anders-villomann (@anders-villomann) on CodePen

Cheers

See the Pen gOaqeGB by anders-villomann (@anders-villomann) on CodePen

Hey Anders and welcome to the GreenSock forums! Thanks for being a Club GreenSock member.

Do you really expect users to go between sections and scroll on a banner?? Most the time people have a hard time getting people to even click on banners - expecting it to be a full experience is... ambitious :) 

As for ScrollMagic, it's not a GreenSock product and we don't really recommend using it. You can create the same effects without it, often times with less errors. In fact, GreenSock is currently developing a scroll plugin for GSAP! We're hoping to release it in the next couple of weeks. 

Zach,
In this specific event yes, the slider/scroll will be one long continuous story that will carry the user from scene 1 - 4 left to right. In the story there will be animations with stitched together images. I then want the user to have the option to pick a scene or skip the story with the link "see more content" --(skip)  that skips to the "more content."  Once it skips or the user goes through the story it returns to native scrolling.