Search Community

Tutorials

Greg Stager test
Moderator Tag

As I continue to learn the ins and outs of GSAP, I find it helpful to "document" what I learn.

One of the ways that I do this is by trying to create an example one specific thing at a time like moving an object, fading an object in or out, rotate an object, etc.

It seems to me that these sorts of examples could be helpful for other beginners and thought I would share some of those examples here and there as "mini tutorials". Perhaps more of a video documentary of a beginner's journey. I thought I would ask if there was a better place to share them than randomly throughout the Q&A forums since they would not be questions in and of themselves. Do folks think there would even be any interest in such a thing? If not - I will simply jettison the idea.

• Like 2

Sure, this sort of thing is perfectly fine to do in this forum! @PointC has a bunch of threads that he's started that share tips and tricks, especially related to SVG.

If your content tends to be smaller nuggets that are all related, it might make sense to put them all in a single thread instead of a bunch of new threads, filling up the forum. Alternatively you could even have a single post that links out to videos/posts that you've made and posted elsewhere. There are people like @Carl and @Ihatetomatoes who have made whole courses doing this sort of thing (and made some money in the process).

• Like 2

Hey Greg,

It's great that GreenSock approves of posting these things in here and I think folks would appreciate seeing more of that type of stuff here.

I'd encourage you (as I have Mr @PointC too ;)) to also create a blog as it will help you and others more easily find this stuff. Some of PointC's best work has been swallowed into the bottomless bowels of this place and only a rare few know it exists.

YouTube is great too. I posted the other day on twitter how some silly little Flash trick i published has been helping people for 9 years. 

You'll be surprised how much you will learn and how much you can help people through these little tips.

Go for it!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Carl said:

Some of PointC's best work has been swallowed into the bottomless bowels of this place and only a rare few know it exists.

Currently be revamped, collected, assimilated (resistance is futile 🧊), updated, prettified, stylized, washed, scrubbed, rinsed, sanded, painted, organized and centralized for all who need to read my ridiculous tomes. :ph34r:

• Like 3