Search Community

Modern Replacements for ScrollMagic?

Davros test
Moderator Tag

ScrollMagic works pretty well, but is it the scroll library gold standard any longer in the age of GSAP 3, React, Gatsby, etc? I'm looking for a replacement that works has first-class support of GSAP 3 and is rock solid in terms of quality and performance (no jitter when properly implemented!). There are a lot of options out there but none that I've seen match the quality of ScrollMagic and first-class support of GSAP. Does anyone have any suggestions that have proven worthy in production sites? I need something solid and proven. Does anyone have any recommendations, suggestions? Thank you!

Hey Davros. GreenSock is currently in private beta stages of a scroll plugin for GSAP! I've found it to be more useful than any other scroll library and would be comfortable using it in a production site provided you still do your own testing a bit. All other scroll libraries I've found to be bug ridden and/or not very well maintained. For some limited use cases they can be okay though. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ZachSaucier said:

Hey Davros. GreenSock is currently in private beta stages of a scroll plugin for GSAP! I've found it to be more useful than any other scroll library and would be comfortable using it in a production site provided you still do your own testing a bit. All other scroll libraries I've found to be bug ridden and/or not very well maintained. For some limited use cases they can be okay though. 

This is truly amazing news. The web designer community is in dire need of this. Agreed, there is no shortage of scroll plugins in the wild, but few, if any, are well-maintained and bug-free. A developer could very easily spend days trialing all the options and still come up empty handed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZachSaucier said:

Hey Davros. GreenSock is currently in private beta stages of a scroll plugin for GSAP! I've found it to be more useful than any other scroll library and would be comfortable using it in a production site provided you still do your own testing a bit.

I'd be interested in testing this out, too. I can apply it to the current build we have on a separate branch for testing as the current scroll plugin we have is very basic.