Search Community

TweenMax conflict with Revolution Slider 6.2.2

PhilFiddler test
Moderator Tag

Hello,
i'm trying to resolve a conflict problem with an animation I made for a website with TweenMax.
With the last update of Revolution Slider the animation doesn't work anymore and I think that the GS script loaded by Revo Slider conflict with the tweenmax script i recall from my functions.php files.

The browser console tell me that there is a problem with the "bezier" function: " Invalid property bezier set to {type: "cubic", values: Array(13), curviness: 1} Missing plugin? gsap.registerPlugin() - on rbtools.min.js?ver=6.0:32"

Does anyone else have this problem?

hubmira-crash.JPG

Hey Phil, welcome to the GreenSock forums.

Evidently GSAP 3 is being loaded and GSAP 3 replaced the BezierPlugin with the (easier and more powerful) MotionPathPlugin. That's why it says you're missing a plugin.

What are you trying to accomplish? We can help you convert the bezier code into MotionPath code if you can share it with us (the more minimal the better :)).

• Like 1

Hello Zach,
for that animation I took and modified a snippet find in a post (a bit old infact, the post is from 2015) on this forum since the code did exactly what i needed.
the animation rotates 4 planet on click, but with the last release of the plugin revolution slider (that also use GSAP) the positioning of the element is broken.

I'll develop a codepen demo for showing the correct animation

hubmira-correct.JPG

hubmira-error.JPG

Hi Zach,
I'm trying to find out if there's a way to load the TweenMax script without interfering with the GSAP library of Revolution slider, or maybe, using the already-loaded Revo library (and modify the animation code) to resolve the conflict and make the animation work again

4 minutes ago, PhilFiddler said:

I'm trying to find out if there's a way to load the TweenMax script without interfering with the GSAP library of Revolution slider, or maybe, using the already-loaded Revo library (and modify the animation code) to resolve the conflict and make the animation work again

There's not an easy way, no, because multiple versions of GSAP are being loaded. We don't recommend loading multiple versions of GSAP in any circumstance. As I stated before, we recommend that you upgrade your code to use GSAP 3 since that's what Revolution Slider uses.

5 minutes ago, ZachSaucier said:

There's not an easy way, no, because multiple versions of GSAP are being loaded. We don't recommend loading multiple versions of GSAP in any circumstance. As I stated before, we recommend that you upgrade your code to use GSAP 3 since that's what Revolution Slider uses.

Ok, thank you!
I thought there was an easier way to fix that...let's go back to work then 😃