Search Community

Using ScrambleText in A Revolution Slider

ModZilla test
Moderator Tag

Hi ,

I'm working a landing page that opens with a Revolution Slider that's using ThemePunch to animate a smaller image over the background slide and that's working beautifully ...I'm also using the ScrambleText effect in conjunction with each slide .............The ScrambleText effect works fine and as desired on the first Slide, but when the slider transitions to the next slide and to each subsequent slide , the Scrambletext effect has already been loaded and completed When the page first opened .. so that all that you have is static lines of text in the subsequent slides. So all of the calls to the ScrambleText.js function are initialized when the opening page first loads on the first slide . How do I control the call to the function so that the appropriate Scrambletext for each slide only initializes and runs as scrambletext when that slide is transtioned to ?? am I making sense or Not

Thanks   Mark   ..      

Hey ModZilla and welcome to the GreenSock forums. Thanks for being a Club GreenSock member! We couldn't do what we do without people like you.

5 minutes ago, ModZilla said:

How do I control the call to the function so that the appropriate Scrambletext for each slide only initializes and runs as scrambletext when that slide is transtioned to ??

It sounds like you need to set paused: true on the tweens/timelines that control the next slides. Then fire those when the slide is navigated to. There are a lot of threads that do similar things on this website. If you need help with something in particular please provide a minimal setup in a CodePen or something. I know Revolution Slider is a WP plugin in most cases but you can create the same sort of setup in CodePen without it.

8 minutes ago, ZachSaucier said:

Hey ModZilla and welcome to the GreenSock forums. Thanks for being a Club GreenSock member! We couldn't do what we do without people like you.

It sounds like you need to set paused: true on the tweens/timelines that control the next slides. Then fire those when the slide is navigated to. There are a lot of threads that do similar things on this website. If you need help with something in particular please provide a minimal setup in a CodePen or something. I know Revolution Slider is a WP plugin in most cases but you can create the same sort of setup in CodePen without it.

Thanks indeed for such a prompt reply, I will try to provide a minimal set up but it will probably be tomorrow. I'm not so fast as am very new to this subject. Thanks .. mark