Search Community

delay and stagger not working in scroll magic

Ctrl+Shift+f5 test
Moderator Tag

I was working on GSAP3 and I implemented a basic code from it. Im a bit confused with the delay and stagger not working with scroll magic.

As you can see from the below codepen, where content with animation has links with stagger and image comes with delay, but in the second section with scroll magic delay and stagger are not behaving normal. As it has same effects as the normal timeline.
The same goes with easing, its not working with scroll magic. As you can see i have to give transition for the second section for smooting.
m I using the old scroll magic or is it the code that is wrong. Please help me out.

Also to add up this is what if found about Scrollmagic How can I achieve it in only GSAP3

There is some error with registering the plugin when I paste the same code apart from codepen. what is the reason.

See the Pen xnMabZqLnqar by Wahed98666 (@Wahed98666) on CodePen

The stagger on the second group works fine. You just have a tiny (20) duration. Set it to something longer or don't use a duration and you'll see that it works. You'll also usually want to use a linear ease when you have animations controlled by the user scroll speed.

Just FYI, ScrollMagic is not a GreenSock product. In fact, GS is currently working on a new plugin for scroll triggered animations. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ctrl+Shift+f5 said:

Can someone please help me out from the forum.

Be assured, that if someone can help you out they will. We love helping people! But please don't bump threads when they are still pretty new (6 hours is not much time). 

As for your issue, it deals primarily with ScrollMagic and ScrollMagic is not a GreenSock product. We don't really recommend using it. You can create the same effects without it. In fact, GreenSock is developing its own scroll plugin! It will be released in the next few weeks sometime.

• Like 2