Search Community

Side by side vertical split view

anandpatel test
Moderator Tag

Hey anandpatel,

This is the same as most any other animation ran on scroll. I cover how pair an animation with the scroll position in the section titled "Use case: Animating based on the scroll position" of this CSS-Tricks article (I recommend reading the whole thing). Only instead of a fade, you'd rotate the image and switch out which one is visible. 

In order to keep it pinned in the same position, it'd be handy to use position: sticky; on the container, just keep in mind browser support.

Soon you will be able to use a GSAP plugin to create this effect much more easily! 

• Like 3

On 4/15/2020 at 4:11 PM, PointC said:

If you want to create that effect with ScrollMagic, check out the pinning section of the SM docs.

https://scrollmagic.io/examples/basic/simple_pinning.html

Please keep in mind that ScrollMagic is not a GreenSock product. In fact, there will soon be a new plugin from GreenSock which will make scroll based animations super easy. :)

What is the timeframe for that? Days? Weeks? Months? 

I have managed to resolve the positioning issue, however I have been struggling on how to increase the duration each image is displayed for. Currently the 5th image is shown the longest.

Is it possible to change the timeline so that each image is shown an equal amount of time?

If you're controlling the timeline/tween via user scroll speed, you usually want to use a linear ease for the best effect. 

As mentioned above, ScrollMagic is not a GreenSock product. I wouldn't advise spending too much time getting things to work with ScrollMagic.  Hang in there and I think you'll like the new plugin when it becomes available.

• Like 2