Search Community

SVG= Best illustrator export settings to target LAYER_NAMES

MarkTrujillo test
Moderator Tag

I attached a link to how AE bodymovin likes to automate animating... 

Its a mess, even to upload/ download/ref the right player.. 

I read post here about singling out the layers instead of classes and id names..  i understand that there's a possibility i would have to identify these layers  in css (i assume)  if class .xample .layer_4, or a # that identifies which div...

I also assume there's a one library script for all that i can put either in <head> or bottom of the body,  right?  

To avoid even bigger headaches and cross referencing, tap into the code generated and not bother actually exporting ... and then rename each file used and avoid having to use their folders as default referencing, to avoid worrying about moving the files as needed.. 

Im assuming i export in 3 decimals?.

.[ but really... i just want to get to animating and identifying it all by the assigned layer names and cleaning up their order is the best way to go. 

Just concentrate on animating without having to go back and forth with their hierarchy..

Can someone advise me on the export settings to do this? 

THANK YOU

Screenshot 2020-04-04 10.58.39.png

See the Pen rNVdyQe by Mmaarrkk (@Mmaarrkk) on CodePen

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. It sounds like you read my thread here:

If you're trying to animate the same way as your example pen, I'd think it would come down to proper grouping. A lot of the flame elements seem to move as one group so you wouldn't need to name or directly animate each one. You could rotate the group as one unit, stagger each flame, etc.

Does that help? 

2 hours ago, MarkTrujillo said:

I also assume there's a one library script for all that i can put either in <head> or bottom of the body,  right?  

I'm also not sure what this means. Do you mean where you install your GSAP scripts?

If you have specific GSAP questions, we're happy to help.

Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 3

15 hours ago, PointC said:

If you're trying to animate the same way as your example pen, I'd think it would come down to proper grouping. A lot of the flame elements seem to move as one group so you wouldn't need to name or directly animate each one. You could rotate the group as one unit, stagger each flame, etc.

Does that help? 

I actually want to animate each layer individually.. by cutting and pasting the code of course.. 

I'm also not sure what this means. Do you mean where you install your GSAP scripts?

If you have specific GSAP questions, we're happy to help.

Happy tweening.

Im referring to the preloader.  There's a universal one for the entire library features,  right? ... 

Instead of one "min" file,  one for which animation,  one for easing , etc... 

Am i correct? 

Many of the core tools are loaded with gsap. Then you just load the plugins you need. Check out the docs for a 'what's included' grid here:

https://greensock.com/docs/

You can also view the Loading Section of the Getting Started Guide here:

9 hours ago, MarkTrujillo said:

I actually want to animate each layer individually.. by cutting and pasting the code of course.. 

I understand you want to target each layer. My point was that you can group those elements and target them via a loop or stagger. They don't actually each need an ID to make that happen.

Hopefully that helps. 

• Like 2