Search Community

fan menu bezier problem

kingmauri test
Moderator Tag

hey!

i want a smiliar effect like the snowleopard dock fan-menu. (http://www.lytebyte.com/wp-content/uplo ... ck-fan.jpg)

the only thing i have is this:

TweenMax.to(mc,0.75, {bezierThrough:[{x:mc.x, y:300}, {x:200, y:200}], orientToBezier:[["x","y","rotation",0,0.02]], ease:Quint.easeOut})

i dont know how to align the other 10 clips in this bezier because they all end in the same position. i tried stuff like totalProgress but had no success. tried now over 3h :(

Yeah, due to the nature of Beziers, it's particularly complex to evenly space things out across them perfectly but you could try having all the objects start at the same spot, use the same bezier values, set paused:true in the tweens, and then set (or tween) their currentProgress or totalProgress accordingly (like if you have 10, the first one would be at 0, the next at 0.1, the next at 0.2, etc. and that last one is at 1).

hey thanks for the fast reply!

yes. that is what i tried to. but somehow the clips are not align perfectly. dont know why. the progress is like you say 0.1 , 0.2, etc. but they are not aligned to evenly spaces. hm. dont know how the totalProgress works in a bezier. ex. is 0.5 really the middle of the whole curve?

for (var i:int = 0 ; i

{

var myClip:mc = new mc;

container.addChild(myClip);

myTween = TweenMax.to(myClip,1, {bezierThrough:[{x:50, y:-200}, {x:100, y:-300}], orientToBezier:[["x","y","rotation",0,0.02]]})

myTween.pause();

TweenLite.to(myTween, 1, {totalProgress:(1/10)*i})

}

No, that's what I meant when I said Beziers are rather complex and it's not simple to evenly space things out on them. So no, 0.5 wouldn't necessarily be EXACTLY in the middle of the Bezier. But one problem is that you're using a Quint.easeOut ease which will cause them to clump towards the end of the Bezier - use Linear.easeNone instead.

What number is anzahl? Your code makes it looks like it should be 10, but if it's not, you'll run into trouble. And why are you using 0.02 in the custom orientToBezier values?

hmm...when the coder of a great tween-engine says - "it's really complex" then i think i have to abort this project... :)

yes exactly. anzahl is 10.

i tried some stuff with the tolerance that's because is 0.02.

even when is ease: Linear.easeNone the clips are not aligned perfectly. and in fact, the client want an easing. these damn bezier. before tweenmax and the bezier-plugin i tried it manually to orient the clip with sin, cos and to rotate atan2. but had not really success. damn! damn client! :)

have to do some research over the net. anyway thank you for your time!

keep going your engine!