Search Community

Google rejects banner

Salakala test
Moderator Tag

Hi!

Google keeps rejecting Animate CC banners made with greensock 3 .01. Reason of rejection is that there are external resources loaded.

However I use the greensock and createjs from Googles own CDN.

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://s0.2mdn.net/ads/studio/cached_libs/createjs_2019.11.15_min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://s0.2mdn.net/ads/studio/cached_libs/gsap_3.0.1_min.js"></script>

Has anyone come across this ?

9 minutes ago, davi said:

I've noticed this too. Perhaps their validation tool, HTML5 Validator, has a list of accepted CDN links and the new GSAP CDN needs to be added to the list in that tool. They need to add the new CreateJS as well. Anyone gotta connection?

The validator actually is fine (works there, no errors).  The error ocurred when I sent the banner to the media agency and they wanted to put the campaign online. Google Ad Studio or what ever they are using for Adwords rejected the banner with the error code : "Invalid fourth party call". And shows its own CDNs domain (https://s0.2mdn.net) as the offending url. :)

I don't have direct discussion with Google however the media company reached out to google tech support and the answer from them was that the error has something to do with the landing page that they had entered. Media changed the landing page in adwords system but the result was the same. Then media removed the gsap and createJS links after wich the banner was accepted by the system (although it did not animate offcourse anymore, sic). I went back to gsap 2 but have not had the chance to test. Right now we sent them gif versions as the campaign is at a deadline. Other banners (ones that did not use adwords but were also done with gsap3) worked fine. No errors. Probably missing something obvious here.

Template used to publish below.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<!--
GOOGLE AD DISPLAY NETWORK TEMPLATE v.1 /S.K/ 03.01.2020
-->

<html>
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<meta name="authoring-tool" content="$VERSION">
<meta name="ad.size" content="width=$WT,height=$HT">    
<title>$TITLE</title>
<!-- write your code here -->
<style>
html, body{
	margin: 0;
	padding: 0;
	background-color: #FFFFFF;
}
#canvas{
	position: absolute;
	top: 0px;
	left: 0px;
	-moz-user-select: none;
    -webkit-user-select: none;
    -ms-user-select: none;
    user-select: none;
	-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0,0,0,0);
	cursor: pointer;
}
/*#border{
	position: absolute;
	left: 0px;
	top: 0px;
	width: calc($WTpx - 2px);
	height: calc($HTpx - 2px);
	border: 1px solid #000000;
	pointer-events: none;
}*/
</style>    
$CENTER_STYLE
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://s0.2mdn.net/ads/studio/cached_libs/createjs_2019.11.15_min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://s0.2mdn.net/ads/studio/cached_libs/gsap_3.0.1_min.js"></script>
$ANIMATE_CC_SCRIPTS
$SCRIPT_START
var canvas, stage, exportRoot, anim_container, dom_overlay_container, fnStartAnimation;
function init() {
	canvas = document.getElementById("$CANVAS_ID");
	anim_container = document.getElementById("$ANIM_CONTAINER_ID");
	dom_overlay_container = document.getElementById("dom_overlay_container");
	$CREATE_LOADER
	$LOAD_MANIFEST
	$PRELOAD_ASSETS
}
$HANDLE_FILE_LOAD_START	
	$HANDLE_FILE_LOAD_BODY	
$HANDLE_FILE_LOAD_END
$HANDLE_COMPLETE_START
	//This function is always called, irrespective of the content. You can use the variable "stage" after it is created in token create_stage.
	$CREATE_STAGE	
	//Registers the "tick" event listener.
	$START_ANIMATION	    
	//Code to support hidpi screens and responsive scaling.
	$RESP_HIDPI	
$HANDLE_COMPLETE_END
$PLAYSOUND
$SCRIPT_END
<!-- write your code here -->
</head>
<body onload="init();" style="margin:0px;">
	<div id="$ANIM_CONTAINER_ID" style="background-color:$BG; width:$WTpx; height:$HTpx">
		<canvas id="$CANVAS_ID" width="$WT" height="$HT" style="position: absolute; display: $CANVAS_DISP; background-color:$BG;"></canvas>
		<div id="dom_overlay_container" style="pointer-events:none; overflow:hidden; width:$WTpx; height:$HTpx; position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px; display: $CANVAS_DISP;">
		</div>
	</div>
    $PRELOADER_DIV
</body>
</html>

1 hour ago, GreenSock said:

I'm not sure, but have you tried the updated GSAP file?

https://s0.2mdn.net/ads/studio/cached_libs/gsap_3.1.0_min.js

Looks like you're using an outdated one. 

I have not had the chance. The next campaign that asks for GDN banners I will slip one gsap 3.1.0 version in. See if it makes a difference. Though it should not matter as the rejection was weirdly for the domain not  a specific javascript file.

On 2/12/2020 at 3:49 AM, Salakala said:

I have not had the chance. The next campaign that asks for GDN banners I will slip one gsap 3.1.0 version in. See if it makes a difference. Though it should not matter as the rejection was weirdly for the domain not  a specific javascript file.

It was a bit over a year ago, but I did some banners freelance that were for GDN, using Animate  (no GSAP) and it was a major PITA. Your issue is GDN. They have much stricter rules. The banners I do for day job go to DCM, not GDN, so I was flummoxed initially. If memory serves the Animate file had to include the JS in the published HTML. It took 2 or 3 tries to get past the initial rejections.

Looking back at my final email to the person who contracted me for the banners, I wrote this:

OK looks like I have to include the JS in the HTML file and not use CDN hosted create.js.

• Like 2

Just wanted to chime in that we've also just gotten banners rejected for using GSAP 3 instead of the old links GSAP 2 links, and talking to google is akin to talking to a brick wall, they can't seem to understand that it's their own domain/cdn they're rejecting.

If anyone had luck getting trough please let me know.

• Like 1

Hey guys i am having the exact same problem on Google Ads it's rejected saying the ad has invalid fourth party call. I have reached out and having the ads manually reviewed.

I noticed in Chrome Dev Tools that is says DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: this happens on GSAP3 and SplitText not sure if this is related but the warning didn't show up on GSAP 2 in the past.

So my ad is only loading GSAP 3 and Google fonts nothing else so no reason it should be rejected and the ad does validate in Google Ads Validation tool.

Here is a link to the ad that is being rejected.

https://storage.googleapis.com/digital.bradleylancaster.com/SKYMESH/CAMPAIGN_ONE/full_set_v1/set_one/300x250/index.html

So i might have to revert back to GSAP 2 rewrite some code to get these published.

Will reply here with the outcome.

You'r right Bradley.

Here's a part of an answer from Google Ads team:

I understand your concern regarding the tools you have used, however the team has manually reviewed your ads and found that the Dev Tool is returning an error. I would appreciate if you could make the necessary changes in the ad and re-submit them for review.

The ad is using gsap 3.0.1 

1 hour ago, ljovcheg said:

You'r right Bradley.

Here's a part of an answer from Google Ads team:

The ad is using gsap 3.0.1 

Yes it is this line causing it (below). I can remove the local SlitText line but i can remove the CDN i wonder if GSAP remove this line it will pass in Google Ads? Is this trying to get an external file hence causing 4th party call error?

//# sourceMappingURL=gsap.min.js.map

//# sourceMappingURL=SplitText.min.js.map 

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 6.00.04 pm.png

in the newer version (3.2.3) there's no this line so updating the library on google server might help.

It looks like, they took only library, but didn't take .map file with it.

If 3.2.3 version is stable I can try to suggest them to update the library. 

I suspect you're correct. I just reached out to our contact at Google to request that they update to 3.2.3 which eliminates the source map references. Recent versions of Chrome apparently have a bug that causes problems with reading source maps (not related to GSAP), so I figured it's safest to avoid confusion and just delete the references. 

Plus we've added several features recently and squashed a bunch of edge case bugs (unlikely you'd run into them, but still...). We'll be publicizing some of the new features over the coming week or two, so watch for that :)

We have no control over whether or not the Google team updates their CDN to 3.2.3 but they've always been excellent about doing that relatively quickly when we request it. Good people over there. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Came back with some updates. 

I've got a response from the Google Ads team, after pointing on the .map files:

I would take your feedback and escalate it to the concerned team, however I won't be able to provide you any update on this as the team works independently. Once the necessary files are available on https://s0.2mdn.net/, you should be notified.

So now we just need to wait when those files will be added to their server, or when the library will be updated. 

• Thanks 2