Search Community

I must be really stupid

sar test
Moderator Tag

I've tried to get the most basic example of AS2 TweenLite working and no success. I DO understand imports and classpaths and instance names and write classes all the time, so this is nothing new to me.

I've simplified this down to where my fla is in the same folder as the com folder and I am actually tracing that the methods in TweenLite.as are being called, but nothing is happening to the MovieClip on stage.

I've attached what I have tried to get working...

Would appreciate any help to get me past this hurdle and feeling so dumb.

Thanks

I didn't see any attachment (please post it), but I'll take a stab at this anyway - the most common mistake people make in AS2 is probably using AS3 properties like "x" and "y" and "alpha" instead of AS2 properties like "_x" and "_y" and "_alpha".

AS2: TweenLite.to(mc, 1, {_x:100, _y:200, _alpha:50});

AS3: TweenLite.to(mc, 1, {x:100, y:200, alpha:0.5});

Does that help?

Here's the attachment. I think I browsed to it and never attached.

My code is pretty much the same. I don;t think it has anything to do with my actionscript. Has to be something more obscure.

Thanks

Scott

Okay, my subject was totally warranted. You were right. I can't believe I blindly copied and pasted the example code without realizing it was using AS3 property names.

I will now go hide in shame.

Thanks for your help.

Scott

Okay, my subject was totally warranted. You were right. I can't believe I blindly copied and pasted the example code without realizing it was using AS3 property names.

I will now go hide in shame.

Yes, shame on you for doubting my blind stab at an initial diagnosis :)

No worries. Like I said, it's the most common AS2 mistake I see, so don't feel bad. The next question you post better be a good one, though. :)