Search Community

drawsvg dash continuously move around

sirhclluk test
Moderator Tag

20 hours ago, sirhclluk said:

After playing around with it for a while I was able to get what I wanted by overlapping the beginning and end of the Illustrator art.

Seconding what mikel said, very clever approach! I will make sure to link to this thread going forward so that others are aware of this approach as well.

On 1/26/2020 at 12:41 PM, sirhclluk said:

overlapping the beginning and end of the Illustrator art

Yes nice approach @sirhclluk. Is there a relationship between the overlap % in the artwork and the drawSVG %? I fiddled with the numbers along with the stroke-miterlimit both +/- relative to each other and it was quickly no longer seamless. How is it easily calculated between the two, whats the obvious trick for any senerio? 😀

I was still interested how @sirhclluk factored it between Illustrator and his code.

Thanks @mikel. So using your example approach, even though its coupled with drawSVG afterwards does using “getTotalLength” initially still cause inconsistencies as discussed quite frequently throughout the forum? Or does drawSVG correct things internally after the fact when getTotalLength is initiated beforehand?

Thanks for the replies @sirhclluk & @mikel.

I was just curious if using getTotalLength remained appropriate without issue in this case. As mentioned above its discussed frequently regarding inconsistancies amoungst browsers, etc., here at the forum. @GreenSock just spoke breifly about it recently, but there are some lenghtly discussions that can be searched and reviewed.

Anyway good stuff thanks for the conversation.

• 1 year later...