Search Community

Circular rotation is also accompanied by unwanted revolution

MusketeerHo test
Moderator Tag

Hello GSAP Community! I am trying out the rotation type of Draggable, but my circular rotation on the center is also having a type of revolution of the complete image. I am sure I am doing something very silly here, but need some  help to find it out. Also another important question which I have is that in this following codepen 

See the Pen wvBYKXy by MusketeerHo (@MusketeerHo) on CodePen

I can see that the image is having a similar(very small but visible) revolution along with the rotation. 

I have tried to get rid of it for almost a complete day now. Is it possible to get a simple rotation without revolution(zero revolution). If yes, please help me out here.
Thanks in advance.

See the Pen ZEYqMZO by MusketeerHo (@MusketeerHo) on CodePen

Edited by MusketeerHo

Hey @ZachSaucier thanks for the prompt reply, but one of my mate who has some knowledge of unity, used this same image for rotation in unity, and later told me that the image was okay, also the knob image in the first codepen, is it asymmytrical as well? I am not trying to question your analysis on this, but just trying to confirm that are you sure that it is just a case of asymmytrical image, because out of all the examples I have seen on Gsap docs etc, I have noticed that they all had this revolution as well.

Hey @ZachSaucier may be I am paranoid or something but I can still see that in the codepen example which you shared the second image is revolving a bit. I can even see a extremely little revolution in the first circle of your pen. Plus the text in my image was just placed to show the rotation, but if you see the image closely, you will see that the images are revolving just a tad.