Search Community

splitTextField squished text [SOLVED]

mojogar test
Moderator Tag

I have created a dynamic text box on the stage with my text. I have embeded the font in the library and this is my script;

import com.greensock.TweenMax;

import com.greensock.text.SplitTextField;

import com.greensock.easing.*;

text_tf.embedFonts = true;

var stf:SplitTextField = new SplitTextField(text_tf);

for (var i:int = stf.textFields.length - 1; i > -1; i--) {

TweenMax.to(stf.textFields, 1, {blurFilter:{blurX:10, blurY:10}, x:Math.random() * 650 - 100, y:Math.random() * 350 - 100, scaleX:Math.random() * 4 - 2, scaleY:Math.random() * 4 - 2, rotation:Math.random() * 360 - 180, autoAlpha:0, delay:Math.random() * 0.5, ease:Quad.easeIn, repeat:1, yoyo:true, repeatDelay:1.2});

}

looks good but it squishes the text on 1 line.

thanks

Did you make sure your TextField looked exactly the way you expected BEFORE introducing SplitTextField? Remember, by default, Flash will make the text all be on one line - you must set the multiline and wordWrap properties to true if you want it to wrap. Also, setting embedFonts to true doesn't automatically embed the fonts - you must also make sure that the font is in the swf to begin with (typically by clicking the "embed fonts" button in the IDE and selecting the characters).

got it going. thanks.

yes i had it looking the way i wnated with multiline and word wrap before. But i had not clicked on the "character embedding" button and ebedded it that way, which after did, the multiple lines were no longer squished.