Search Community

gsap logo animation

c05dk test
Moderator Tag

Hey c05dk and welcome to the GreenSock forums!

It's definitely possible to animate your logo so that it is drawn. However, DrawSVG works solely with outlines because it can't use the same methodology on SVG elements that have a fill. So you should look into animating a mask like these posts suggest:

P.S. Keep in mind that DrawSVGPlugin is a Club GreenSock feature. 

• Like 2

How to create the mask depends on the program you're using to create the SVG. If you know how to create a mask in the program you're using, you just have to make sure it covers the your logo as closely as possible but is a single path. Then once you have the mask you animate it using GSAP to reveal the logo.

Creating the mask is not related to GSAP so you may not get a thorough answer here. You can learn some about SVG creation in our thread on SVG Gotchas:

There are also other sites like GraphicDesign.StackExchange that can help in more detail with asset creation like masks. Make sure to include your attempts and where you're stuck in the question if you post there :) 

3 hours ago, c05dk said:

I am new to this, I have created the svg but in terms of creating the mask could you assist with this?

In the thread I posted above @PointC goes into various nuances about creating SVG masks for this sort of thing. See his post in this comment and also these links for a two part tutorial of his. If needed you can copy the SVG code from those examples, save it as an SVG file, then open it in a vector program to visually comprehend what is going on with the SVG setup better. I think those two links from the thread posted above should help you with your asset creation efforts and understanding.

• Like 3