Search Community

Creating a UI with GSAP?

Rawland_Hustle test
Moderator Tag

I'm using GSAP to create a problem solving game where the user drags coins in to bowls of a balance scale and weighing them by pressing a button.

• The user should be able to read some instructions before the game and some other instructions during the game.
  • Different text elements should change when pressing the button for weighing.
  • After 3 weighs the game should stop and user should somehow submit which coin he/she think is heavier or lighter than the rest. Maybe by dragging a coin to a "submit area" and somehow entering if it's heavier or lighter.

Is this something that should be done with HTML, or can it as well be done within the SVG? In the latter case, is there a straight forward way of doing it with GSAP?

Thanks!

See the Pen 2d884f51daf1c24dcf0d46b171f8cdd5?editors=0010 by Rawland_Hustle (@Rawland_Hustle) on CodePen

38 minutes ago, Rawland_Hustle said:

Is this something that should be done with HTML, or can it as well be done within the SVG?

You can use either. Or Canvas or even WebGL. Whatever.

38 minutes ago, Rawland_Hustle said:

is there a straight forward way of doing it with GSAP?

I don't understand the question. GSAP animates things, it doesn't create buttons and text? 

10 minutes ago, ZachSaucier said:

GSAP animates things, it doesn't create buttons and text? 

Okay, I thought there maybe was a plugin or something for creating elements. Can you recommend a good, free app for creating SVG buttons and text which I then can manipulate with GSAP? I don't know how to save the SVG in my Codepen so it would be great if I could import my existing SVG code to the app.