Search Community

GSAP Website docs bug since v3

katerlouis test
Moderator Tag

Sorry to bother you guys again; I just wanted to point out weird behavior in the docs tree with v3 docs.

https://imgur.com/a/sUAiftP

When you go from Home -> Plugins -> CSSPlugin, the back arrow shows "back to core plugins", but the plugins section never showed "Core Plugins".

After going back to "Core Plugins", you can go back to "GSAP" where I also never was. 

I guess that's an easy fix for you guys; If you already knew about it, just delete this thread. 

Cheers

51 minutes ago, kreativzirkel said:

When you go from Home -> Plugins -> CSSPlugin, the back arrow shows "back to core plugins", but the plugins section never showed "Core Plugins".

After going back to "Core Plugins", you can go back to "GSAP" where I also never was. 

Hey kretivzirkel and thanks for posting.

This is a known behavior and the intended one, though we are trying to figure out a better way to help users understand what's going on there. Plugins like CSSPlugins are part of the core in GSAP 3, so they're not really plugins (something outside of GSAP). But internally they're kind of treated like plugins and their functionality is pretty much the same as a plugin. So it's a weird situation where it doesn't really fit perfectly in either place. Does that make sense?

So to reflect that in the documentation, we placed things like CSSPlugin in the "Core plugins" page under GSAP which is more accurate for the API. Then we made a link to those from the Plugins page because they're still kind of plugins and we figured people would look for them there. 

Do you have any suggestions about how we can show that better off visually? Now that GSAP 3 is out, we will start to turn our attention to details like these to improve them. 

• Like 1

I have no issue with CSSPlugin being a "Core Plugin". My issue is the misleading navigation of this nested menu:

You say "back to" with an arrow pointing back. When I click it you get me to a, for me, new position. This is not "back" for me.

Another problem arises with calling CSSPlugin a "Core Plugin" only in the /v3/GSAP/CorePlugins/ route. 

To be more specific: 

My suggestion:

• For more clarity what is going on in that route: Don't list ALL the plugins directly under /v3/Plugins, but divide again into "Core Plugins" and "Not Core Plugins" (Have fun finding a fitting name for that ;D) 
  • As for the problem "listing plugins in 2 different routes" (/v3/Plugins and /v3/GSAP/CorePlugins) I'd say copy the core plugins, so that "Back to" in /v3/Plugins/CSSPlugin (or maybe /v3/Plugins/CorePlugins/CSSPlugin) points to the "expected location"

Phew– that's hard to explain with just words. I hope you understand what I mean :D

4 minutes ago, kreativzirkel said:

As for the problem "listing plugins in 2 different routes" (/v3/Plugins and /v3/GSAP/CorePlugins) I'd say copy the core plugins, so that "Back to" in /v3/Plugins/CSSPlugin (or maybe /v3/Plugins/CorePlugins/CSSPlugin) points to the "expected location"

That's a good suggestion and we hope to be able to do it without having to manually keep the two duplicate pages in sync soon. Thanks for the suggestions!

• Like 1