Search Community

From AS3 to HTML5/JS -> Openfl/Haxe

gigbig test
Moderator Tag

Hi guys,

years ago I did the switch from AS3 to HTML5, and now I am on the Openfl/Haxe ship: it was the most obvious choice for a softwarehouse that wanted a rolling start. It was a pain in the xxx to leave GSAP for basic tweening libs, and after years I still feel this giant hole in the Haxe/Openfl echosystem, a hole that must be fixed, so I am back here to ask you:

do you know/use Openfl/Haxe?

----> YES!

- ok, someone did externs/wrapper for GSAP modules, but they are dated and incomplete

- do you think it would be (a lot) easier to make externs now that there is not the distinction between TweenMax/Lite/Timeline etc anymore?

- do you know how to?

----> NO!

No problem

Thanks

3 minutes ago, OSUblake said:

What do you need, just the externs? Those look similar to typescript definitions. Maybe you could modify them once we are finished with the definitions.

https://github.com/greensock/GSAP/blob/b3b57ff1e84cde04153abed4ca3dfcad50d70d38/gsap.d.ts

Well, I have never made externs, wrapped libraries, so I am collecting the necessary infos, will be back as soon as possible to report the list of what I need.

If I manage to build a bridge between GSAP and Haxe/Openfl my life will be more complete ?

• Like 2