Search Community

Older GSAP versions

Shrug ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello everyone,

Quick question, when you become a club member (addtional plugin benefits, etc.), do you also have access to older versions of GSAP? Meaning for instance if a person has a membership do they have the same access to all those same files of the previous version? I understand if you buy version 2 now, you get access to version 3 Beta and its imminent release. But once version 3 officially releases will member users have back access to version 2?

If this is already addressed or discussed somewhere I appologize.

Thanks for any insight. ?

The main/public files are forever on CDNs and in Github, yes, but if you're asking about the bonus plugins we'll look into how to best accommodate that. It may take a little time for us to implement directly on the site, but you can certainly contact us directly if you need something like that in the meantime. ? If we do implement it, I think it'd just be the final version of 2.x plugins rather than all previous versions. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GreenSock said:

if you're asking about the bonus plugins we'll look into how to best accommodate that

Thats correct. Thanks for the response Jack.

10 hours ago, GreenSock said:

I think it'd just be the final version of 2.x plugins rather than all previous versions. 

I think the final version would be all anyone would require.

Is it correct to understand that the 1 year of updates for memberships include major version releases? Meaning once a member you then get all updates for a year to the membership level regardless of version number releases, unlike some entities where major versions are an additional upgrade cost.

If so perhaps the best would just be pull the trigger now, go green and have access to both versions - v2 then v3 when it releases.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Shrug ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Is it correct to understand that the 1 year of updates for memberships include major version releases? Meaning once a member you then get all updates for a year to the membership level regardless of version number releases, unlike some entities where major versions are an additional upgrade cost.

Exactamundo. We're not like other software companies that make you pay extra for a major upgrade. Members get ALL updates to the tools while their membership is active. We aim to keep innovating and trust that'll encourage folks to renew each year. If we went the "force customers to pay for major releases" route, that would encourage us not to do many minor releases, hold things back for major releases, and create as many of those as possible but I don't think that'd be good for customers. 

So yeah, anyone who joins now will get v3 too when it launches, no extra charge. ;)

Thanks for asking!

• Like 2