Search Community

Floating Animation

arjay test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi good day to all,

I'm planning to do a interactive animation something like this http://www.drinkcann.com/, am interesting the floating cans. I do some testing but i can't make it as soft of this animation. Little helps is appreciated. Thanks

Hey arjay and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

Most likely this has to do with your easing. A lot of the time it can be helpful to create a timeline of the positions for elements and then tween that timeline.

Can you please provide a minimal version of what you're tried so far? That would make helping you less abstract. 

• Like 1

Like I said, tweening the timeline makes it more smooth. It will take some playing around to get it more smooth.

See the Pen JjjKVdB?editors=0010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

To get the effect that they have on the site, you'll likely need to put the can in a container and move the container around based on the scroll position as well.

23 minutes ago, ZachSaucier said:

I did in the post above... 

You're forgot something here.

TweenLite.to(tlCan, 27, {ease:Power1.easeInOut})

1 hour ago, arjay said:

My animation was a bit awkward, i can't make it smooth like my reference website. Thanks in advance.

Make everything random so changes in movement don't happen at the same time. Sine.easeInOut is also a better ease for changes in direction.

See the Pen c7b9486d114e3e617de3ec5f4b084469 by osublake (@osublake) on CodePen

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...