Search Community

Freelancers... how much is a banner worth?

ohem test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

How much is a banner worth? (Anonymous poll)  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you charge for an initial master 300x250 build for a new banner campaign?

• Less than $300
    • $300 to $500
    • $501 to $1,000
    • $1,001 to $2,000
    • $2,001 to $3,000
    • $3,000 to $4,000
    • Over $4,000
  2. 2. How much would you charge for each iteration/resize of an existing build?

• Less than $100
    • $100 to $200
    • $201 to $350
    • $351 to $500
    • $501 to $700
    • $701 to $900
    • $901 to $1,100
    • $1,101 to $1,500
    • $1,501 to $2,000
    • Over $2,000

Hi everyone, I was just curious how most freelancers decide how much to charge.

I often see the advice to charge flat project-based (or deliverable-based) rates, and it makes sense.  I mean, with an hourly rate you're basically punished for being fast. 

But... how do you decide how much a banner is actually worth?  Does anyone have a sense of what kind of price range most companies (in the US) would consider typical/reasonable?

I get the impression that larger agencies don't mind paying a lot to outsource to production studios/shops, but when it comes to individual freelancers, they might not be so generous. 

I'm never really sure how much is appropriate to charge so I've always shied away from flat rates, but the idea seems appealing... so I was just curious what kind of methods you all use for determining market rates.  Any insight is appreciated!

*Edited to add an anonymous poll

• 7 months later...

This sort of question is very opinion based. The rate at which people work depends on their skills, the project requirements, location, needs, time available, overall nature, mood, the economy, and countless thing things :) 

Have you considered charging by the day or half day? That might make it easier.

• Like 1