Search Community

Vertical page scroll prevented

Kieran test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

I have a draggable horizontal carousel, but on mobile it prevents the vertical scroll of the webpage.

How do I stop it from only allowing horizontal scroll across the slider? When a user drags their screen to move down the page if they have the slider section on their screen it won't allow them to get further down the website?

- This seems like a silly issue so I am aware I am probably missing something simple, any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Kieran

I can't create a code-pen the code is all using c# for values and variables, equally the images are stored securely on IP restricted connections, there isn't a need to view the demo anyway I just need to know how to allow vertical scrolling of the web page when clicking and dragging vertically on the slider section.

This is the draggable code is there is a value I need to change

It fully prevents the web page being scrolled over on mobile as it only allows the horizontal scroll, I obviously don't want that because it is useless to the web pages functionality, I am surprised whatever is doing it is set up this way in the first place.

var w_width = $(window).width();
var position_obj = [];
const slider = document.querySelector('.slides');

var half_w_width = w_width / 2;
$('.slide').each(function () {
    position_obj.push($(this).offset().left);
});

$(document).ready(function () {
    if ($('.slides').length === 0) {
        return;
    }
    Draggable.create(".slides", {
        type: "scrollLeft",
        edgeResistance: 0.9,
        maxDuration: 1.2,
        minDuration: 1.2,
        lockAxis: true,
        onThrowUpdate: function () {
            var wrapper_left = this.x * -1 + half_w_width;

$(position_obj).each(function (i, val) {
                obj_c = i + 1;
                if (val < wrapper_left) {
                    $('.slide').removeClass('active');
                    $('#slide_' + obj_c).addClass('active');
                }
            });
        },
        snap: function (e) {
            var span_window_w = $(window).width();
            return -Math.round(Math.round(e / (.3 * span_window_w)) * (.3 * span_window_w)); // This changes the threshold for dragging and snapping the obj's
        },
    }), TweenMax.set(".slides", {
        overflow: "scroll"
    }), $(".slides").scroll(function () {
        $(".parallax").each(function () {
            var leftOffset = $(this).offset().left;
            var element_w = $(this).width();

leftOffset < w_width && leftOffset + element_w > 0 && TweenLite.to($(this), 1.2, {
                xPercent: (w_width - leftOffset) / w_width * $(this).attr("data-velocity"),
                overwrite: 0
            });
        });
    });
});

By asking for a demo, I did not mean that you have to put your production code in CodePen. I am asking you to recreate your setup and see if you can reproduce the bug :) 

By default, Draggable instances should let you scroll in the opposite direction of the draggable direction (so in this case scrolling vertically should be allowed). To test whether or not this is the issue, you can set allowNativeTouchScrolling: true for your Draggable instance.

Have you tested whether or not this happens on all mobile devices and browsers or just some?

I had tested on a number of devices and browsers, I have found the issue, it was generating slides with the css style for "touch-action: none" which prevented the scroll from working, I overrode this in my scss file to be "pan-y" and it is now working as expected. I think this is worth noting as this should probably get resolved as this was a nightmare to locate the cause and fix.