Search Community

sending the rotation value to a function

Hulfy test
Moderator Tag

I would expect that when the playhead is at 9 and I use 3 in the absolute backwards function the playhead should go to three, not reversing to 17 which is what we see here. We did get the relative to work using negative values in this file, but still no working reverse of any kind in our larger file.

I can't explain it.

Going to have to build my own for the reverse.

Once I'm finished I"ll pare it down and send our large file's guts so you can see what we've been seeing.

Sorry - sounds like this is frustrating for us both - I still don't understand the issue because the absolute value you used (at least in the file I'm looking at) was -3, not 3. So it would make sense that -3 would translate to 17 in this case. Could you create a super basic FLA that demonstrates the issue? Obviously we're having a hard time connecting on the one you already posted so maybe if you simplified it to just a couple of lines of code, we could quickly identify the problem.

Yes but once I realized (and smacked my forehead) that -3 couldn't really be an absolute value you would normally use, I changed in my file here and started testing as per the last posts. It's great that even though -3 shouldn't work, it does. In a 20 frame timeline, i realize now 17 is a logical destination for -3. However, until I did the following, entering a positive 3 still had the absolute backwards easing to 17 in reverse. Almost as if flash had -3 burned in it's brain for that variable.

I did find one thing that has helped my main file become stable. I was declaring myTween:TweenLite up in all my variable declarations, but then my backwards tween was a tweenMax where I injected all the args. The forwards was a tweenLite and it always worked fine. The small file I sent to you was all tweenMax's and it has become stable by changing them to tweenLites. Positive 3 now rolls to frame 3 as it should.

I assume it didn't throw an error in the discrepancy because tweenMax extends tweenLite so my initial declaration of a tweenLite would support future tweenmax's as long as the files were present in the com. folder.

Will have another go at why I was having issues once I get this done.

Cheers

...entering a positive 3 still had the absolute backwards easing to 17 in reverse. Almost as if flash had -3 burned in it's brain for that variable...

I strongly suspect something else is going on in your code. I would REALLY like to see this problem in action. I'm 95% sure that there's no problem whatsoever with TweenLite/Max or the plugin but I'd need to see a simple FLA demonstrating the problem to accurately troubleshoot. This has been impossible for me to reproduce on my end.