GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daniel Hult

Slow response on reverse animation

Hi!

Why is the animation so slow to reverse in this example? I want it to start instantly like it does in forward motion :D 

See the Pen zYOzRNg by daniel-hult (@daniel-hult) on CodePen

Hi @Daniel Hult

I think this issue is that you've defined your tween inside your play/reverse function. You'll want to define that outside, and just use the click listener to play or reverse the Tween.

Here's a fork of what that looks like (I also used TweenLite instead of a timeline to further simplify, but both ways will work).

See the Pen oNvwqYo?editors=1010 by ryan_labar (@ryan_labar) on CodePen

Note: You'll also want to set reversed to True, so that it play in the forward direction on first click.

• Like 4

Don't know if you know Vue, but I have this animation in Vue/Nuxt which makes it a little harder to implement what you did. I currently have this in my methods:

Do you know how I can implement that in Vue?

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 14.58.19.png

Hey Daniel,

I'm not familiar with Vue, but if there is any "on create/setup" type of method for that component (or really anything that is guaranteed to run before those methods) you'd want to include the .to() code in there. I think most people might use the mounted() method? As with most things with code I think there are multiple ways you could do it.

• Like 3

Just to add my two cents here, the original pen setup is making the timeline longer on each click. That's why the reverse seemed slow to respond. @elegantseagulls offered solid advice about that solution. I'd also like to point out that you need to set the timeline vars reversed:true to get that listener to work correctly. Otherwise the first click reverses the timeline and nothing seems to happen. All that being said, I also don't know much about Vue, but maybe this similar thread will help.

Happy tweening.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, PointC said:

I'd also like to point out that you need to set the timeline vars reversed:true to get that listener to work correctly

Was just adding that to my answer/pen!

• Like 1