Search Community

Slow response on reverse animation

Daniel Hult test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi @Daniel Hult

I think this issue is that you've defined your tween inside your play/reverse function. You'll want to define that outside, and just use the click listener to play or reverse the Tween.

Here's a fork of what that looks like (I also used TweenLite instead of a timeline to further simplify, but both ways will work).

See the Pen oNvwqYo?editors=1010 by ryan_labar (@ryan_labar) on CodePen

Note: You'll also want to set reversed to True, so that it play in the forward direction on first click.

• Like 4

Hey Daniel,

I'm not familiar with Vue, but if there is any "on create/setup" type of method for that component (or really anything that is guaranteed to run before those methods) you'd want to include the .to() code in there. I think most people might use the mounted() method? As with most things with code I think there are multiple ways you could do it.

• Like 3

Just to add my two cents here, the original pen setup is making the timeline longer on each click. That's why the reverse seemed slow to respond. @elegantseagulls offered solid advice about that solution. I'd also like to point out that you need to set the timeline vars reversed:true to get that listener to work correctly. Otherwise the first click reverses the timeline and nothing seems to happen. All that being said, I also don't know much about Vue, but maybe this similar thread will help.

Happy tweening.

• Like 4