GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kári Bertilsson

Draggable lockAxis not working on IOS Safari

The codepen is for some reason actually not working on my IOS. But works on android, desktop etc.

The issue on IOS is that when dragging the carousel to left or right, the axis is not locked and the page scrolls up/down when only trying to swipe left/right.

See the Pen qBWNEjp by karibertils (@karibertils) on CodePen

Hi @Kári Bertilsson :)

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining Club GreenSock.

Have you tried:

allowNativeTouchScrolling: false

Does that help?

Happy tweening and welcome aboard.

:)

• Like 3

Hi @PointC

Thanks for quick reply.

allowNativeTouchScrolling: false

This works to disable native touch scroll completely over the element.

But i need the native up/down touch scroll to work unless dragging has started.

There seems to be some general weirdness with the overflow-x on iOS. When I test your demo in my iPad, it's just letting the width of the page go out to the full width of the wrapper with all the boxes. I'm no iOS expert, but a Google search showed a few results for overflow-x not being respected. 

So for your Draggable question — you want the user to be able to press the draggable element and scroll up/down, but once you start dragging left/right you want that up/down scroll to stop? Is there a reason the user needs to be able to scroll the page up and down by pressing the draggable element? I ask because  allowNativeTouchScrolling: false would work great for this. 

• Like 3

Yes, the carousel fills approx the entire screen height on mobile phones, so with "allowNativeTouchScrolling: false" after the user has scrolled down to the carousel he is effectively stuck there and can't go up/down anymore.

I am using Draggable on a React component and managed to get this working correctly on IOS by wrapping the React component in double <NonPassiveTouchTarget /> from https://gist.github.com/xiaody/206c4168f9001671c0a374af4558f582

On android the "lockAxis: true" works, but on IOS it does not work unless i use the wrapper also.

I would love to get rid of that boilerplate code, so hope this will be fixed in GSAP. I would expect lockAxis to work the same on both platforms.

• Like 2

Are there any plans to make this work correctly out of the box with GSAP ?