Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kishin Karra

Callback when GSAP clock changes

Hi, 

Newbie here.

I know that when the app performance goes low, gsap automatically slows down the internal gsap clock and brings back to normal when the performance is back to normal.

I just want to know is there a direct way to find out wether the clock has changed or not?

One way is i can animate a dummy element from my timeline start to timeline end and check the time in onupdate.

But is there some direct callback/event which i can use?

Sorry if the question is absurd or doesnt make sense at all.

So we have a system where certain animations on elements run and simultaneously audio plays (combine them and you get a video), so to keep them in sync I need to constantly know that wether my audio is leading or lagging so that i can adjust it accordingly.

Using lag smoothing, i can tell Timeline/Tweens to adjust the lag (when the time between ticks is higher than x make them act as y milliseconds) but how do i know when the lag is actually smoothed. Thats when i will also smooth the lag of my audio. 

I'm a bit confused about the "why" behind all this - if your goal is to synchronize your audio with a particular timeline, wouldn't it be much easier to just use an onUpdate on that timeline and check the time(), compared to your audio's time and if it drifts beyond a certain threshold, make your adjustment to the audio? 

• Like 3

You are absolutely correct. That is what i mentioned in the initial question as well, I was just trying to figure out if there is a more efficient solution which i could not figure out from the docs. 

Will go with onUpdate then, 

Thanks a lot 😀

• Like 2