Search Community

Changing CSS values using greenock

neilb1969 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

HI Greensock community.

I am creating a banner and I need to be able to change the background colour of a <div> while the ad is playing.

I have tried the following code but this breaks the banner and it does not play.

.to($DMPU_container, .5, {css: {background-color:"#EBBB2C"} }, "swop")

Am i getting the syntax wrong, and if so what is the solution?

thanks

Hey Neil and welcome. A couple questions for you.

1. Are you using TimelineLite (or perhaps TweenLite)? They are the only things that need the css: { } inside of the vars object.
    • If that is what you are using, have you loaded the CSSPlugin?
    • If that is not what you're using (you're using TimelineMax/TweenMax), you should move it outside of the css: { } like so: .to($DMPU_container, .5, {background-color:"#EBBB2C"}, "swop")
  2. Are you using a timeline? That's the only case where a label like "swop" makes sense.

Besides that, we would probably need to see a minimal demo of your issue presented in something like a CodePen to help debug exactly what's going on. See the below thread on more information on how to do that.

• Like 1