Search Community

Animate Wave On Hover

sammyg test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Does anyone have advice on animating the svg in this codepen?

Basically I want to use it as a menu hover effect where when the button is hovered, the wave animates somewhat like this sine example I found:

See the Pen jgxqwx by samandalso (@samandalso) on CodePen

I understand this svg is not really 'even' like the one in the example I found, but want to find out if this is possible or if I should go another route.

Thanks,

Sam

See the Pen bXMpWY by samandalso (@samandalso) on CodePen

Hey sammyg,

There are a couple different ways to do something like this. I'll list the ones I can think of:

• Put it in a container that has overflow:hidden. Then you can either use a background image and background-repeat along with a translation or make the wave symmetric and a translate of a portion of the wave's width (enough to make it match the next wave).
  • Do the same basic technique but have it completely in SVG (check out this post or if you want something more complex this one).
  • Like 4