Search Community

TweenMax vs. TweenLite, does it matter?

eerdepeer test
Moderator Tag

Hi there,

I am building a website, and using a lot of TweenLite tweens. But sometimes (i.e. for the advanced overwrite manager) I am using the TweenMax tween. That makes me wonder if it is still usefull for me to use TweenLite, or to replace all the TweenLite tweens in TweenMax tweens? Does it matter?

PS: thanks "Greensock-man", I am having lots of fun with the use of TweenLite! :D

There's absolutely nothing wrong with just using TweenMax for everything because it is the most full-featured one, but I personally prefer to use TweenLite unless there's something I need to do that REQUIRES TweenMax (like yoyo or repeat or rounding, etc.). TweenMax is also the easiest just because it automatically activates a bunch of useful plugins and the AUTO overwriting mode. But if file size is a concern, use TweenLite and manually add whatever you need (activate plugins, init OverwriteManager in whatever mode you need, etc.)

Also keep in mind that you can mix and match - you don't need to use only one in your entire project. TweenMax extends TweenLite, so you're not adding any overhead or file size by using TweenLite when you're already using TweenMax. They use the same syntax and everything, so it should be very easy to do whatever you need.

• Like 1