Search Community

3 objects to 1 drop cell and back to 1 object in open home cell - drag/drop

Xristi test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I have three draggable objects that I want to have the user place in a single drop cell (darker green). I can only move the first one to the drop cell then it "freezes", although I know it is still draggable as it moves slightly within that cell. The other two drag objects are draggable but only to a certain point within the target then they snap to the cell below them. If I can just get the drag/drop behavior to work - that would be great. I am a long time greensock user but entirely within AS3. I'm a total html5/css/js newbie. I have a codepen - just don't know how to post it.

Welcome to the forums, @Xristi

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question - do you have a codepen demo we could look at? Or were you asking us to build something for you? I don't have the time to build something custom for you, but we'd be happy to help with any GSAP-specific questions. 

Have a great weekend.

• Like 2

OK. It's a small section of a page that I have been working on as a separate object. I have been trying to make it work on my own since I posted and now it doesn't run at all. I'll post again when I've fixed it. Thank you so much for the attention you've given my problem. You're amazing!!

Hi Jack and anyone else who read my first several posts w/o the codepen. Here is the comment and the url for the codepen is included.

I have three draggable objects that I want to have the user place in a single drop cell (darker green). I can only move the first one to the drop cell then it "freezes", although I know it is still draggable as it moves slightly within that cell. The other two drag objects are draggable but only to a certain point within the target then they snap to the cell below them. If I can just get the drag/drop behavior to work - that would be great. I am a long time greensock user but entirely within AS3. I'm a total html5/css/js newbie.

See the Pen qePjZv by storyproblemdoctor (@storyproblemdoctor) on CodePen

Hi again,

Thank you so much for having this great forum! My first try at an interactive, drag and drop, section of most of my webpages was a disaster w/o GSAP. Then I remembered from my AS3 days (still do it) that these greensock forums had gotten me through a number of difficult coding and design issues. I also remembered that greensock and HTML5 were almost synonymous. I was able to figure out my question, but just having this site available gives me so much  more confidence in my ability to learn HTML5 and its greensock applications. So, thank you, Jack, GSAP, and these forums!! I'm sure I'll be back. The new code will be posted to codepen shortly for anyone who is looking for a way to have multiple drag objects with a single drop area where the objects are prevented from being dropped on top of one another.

• Like 3