Search Community

ScrollMagic + GSAP Countdown w/ min + secs

jcast90 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a countdown with scroll magic and GSAP. When the user is scrolling down I have the timer fade in and onComplete I want to trigger the countdown. It's a very quick counter that goes from 2:00 to 0:00, trying to have it do the count down in 2s. Then on scroll up it go in reverse and counts up to 2:00. I am just having a hard time figuring out the logic for syncing the scroll, minutes and seconds. Let me know if any additional information is needed.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advanced.

*NOTE: I have found some similar examples on here of the timer functionality, just having a hard time syncing the scroll with the minutes and seconds.

I'm not quite sure what you need to happen here, but it sounds like you'd need to create your countdown timeline and set a trigger in ScrollMagic. If it's linked to user scroll speed, you'll want to set a duration in the ScrollMagic scene parameters. If it should play at normal tween speed then you just need a trigger for it.

A demo would be very helpful.

Just FYI — ScrollMagic is not a GreenSock product. I wrote a post about that here:

https://greensock.com/scrollmagic

Maybe some of those demos will help.

Happy tweening.

• Like 2