Search Community

Control second timeline in with ScrollMagic

marko krstic test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

If I understand your question correctly, I think setting up a two timelines and a second trigger for each section would be the way to go. The opacity --> 1 tween plays when the section hits the first trigger and then the opacity --> 0 tween plays when the element is 80% of the way through the scroll. This is all assuming you want the tweens to play with their actual duration.

If you're trying to have them play as the user scrolls then one timeline would be fine. Just set the second tween to play later with a relative position, delay or label.

Make sense? Happy tweening.

• Like 2

You don't need two loops and two controllers. I just meant to make a second scene for each section in the each() loop. You can then set the same trigger hook and just offset the second scene by 80% of the element height.

I think something like this should work for you.

See the Pen GVqbMK by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

Make sense? Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 2