Search Community

reduceWhiteSpace : false not working

ilovemypixels test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi there,

I am having an issue with reduceWhiteSpace:false on splitText. It doesn't seem to be doing anything for spaces and or  
I have a font where placing a Y character next to another letter, with a space, it looks like there is no space between them. So I need to artificially add some space.
I tried adding a span with margin but I was getting issues on some browsers so I need this reduceWhitespace to work.

Thanks for your help

Will

See the Pen VJReXd by ilovemypixels (@ilovemypixels) on CodePen

Thanks for your help but I'm just getting confused now.

What I am saying is that in the HTML above i have a good 20 spaces and one   I would expect the word "YOUR" to be halfway across the page. However its only shifted a little bit to the right, and indeed without the   there is almost no extra gap beyond one single space. So to me it looks like reduceWhiteSpace false is not working, in that it is still reducing white space?