Search Community

Svg drawing line animation

Giuseppe Simonetti test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi everyone! I'm trying to find a good solution for an animation that i have to create. My goal is to have a line in svg that draws a constellation, in every corner of this line there is a "star", and i would like to have something like a "pulse" animation whenever the line reaches the single star, and a text near every star with a fade in animation. I attach an image that shows the final result i want to reach. Does anyone has some tips? I made some tries so far, but i can't reach a good looking animation.

example.jpg

Hi @Giuseppe Simonetti,

Welcome to the forum.

I think @mikel has a nice solution for you there.

It was unclear to me if this was a scroll triggered animation or something full screen. You mentioned trying some things so we'd certainly take a look at what you have so far. Maybe you could make a demo? More info:

Happy tweening and welcome aboard.

:)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PointC said:

Hi @Giuseppe Simonetti,

Welcome to the forum.

I think @mikel has a nice solution for you there.

It was unclear to me if this was a scroll triggered animation or something full screen. You mentioned trying some things so we'd certainly take a look at what you have so far. Maybe you could make a demo? More info:

Happy tweening and welcome aboard.

:)

Hi! i just recreated the image in svg with path, text and circle elements.. now i "just" have to animate them one by one, now i'm working on local so i can't submit my other tries, but the first try that i made is : 

[link removed for domain with inappropriate content]

Now that i have the svg, i'm looking for a good animations (on page load, not on-scroll). As you see in my first try, i made some animations but with all the delays set manually, and it's very  weary for me, and the result isn't what I need: the animations should be faster, and cool.. the "timeline" should be something like: the star appears in with a blink effect, the first text on the left fades in, then the text on the right , meanwhile the line starts the draw animation, whet it reaches the second star, this one blinks as the first, second text fades in and the third as well... and so on until the end of the line

Edited by GreenSock
Domain had inappropriate content

• 6 months later...

Hey @PointC, this is really helpful, thanks for posting. Would you be able to share the illustrator file for the line with the dots so I can see how the asset set-up is done? I need to create something for a subway map, so it would be good to see how the lines need to be set up in Illustrator. Thanks!