Search Community

How do I animate two SVG shadows simultainously

shouldaStayedInside test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello,

I have implemented an animation with text shadows for my text using CSS, and would like to achieve the same effect on my SVG file. Basically what I need are two shadows with different colors moving away from eachother. I tried using SVG animations but then I found out about GSAP, which seems like a very good thing to know how to work with. But since I'm new to all of this I'm giving up after trying about 10 different things. You can pretty much see all the things I've tried commented out. Sorry if it's too much text but I wanted to make sure there'd be enough context. 

Thanks in advance.

See the Pen NZwgxo by arbershallcode (@arbershallcode) on CodePen

20 hours ago, PointC said:

I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to do, but to animate filters like that you'll need to use the attr plugin. (auto loaded with TweenMax)

Here's a really basic example:

Hopefully that helps. Happy tweening.

Well basically I want the exact same effect that I have for My Name on the SVG files. What you've done is more or less that. 

20 hours ago, mikel said:

Hi @shouldaStayedInside,

Welcome to the GreenSock Forum.

If you do not need a blur effect, this can also be a solution.

Happy tweening ...

Mikel

But this solution appears to take care of all of my effects using GSAP, so I think I'll try this first.

Thanks a lot for your fast responses!