Search Community

MorphSVG menu - works in v 0.8.8 - but not in latest

knalle test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Mikkel, the closing "look" is right, but my CodePen  is simplified and the case of simply reversing isn't going to work - I need to have svg working in in 0.9.1 again. Perhaps there are new MorphSVG setting I need to fill in?

I'm not seeing any problem with morphSVG. The problem seems to be coming from your progress(1) jump in the setup function. I assume you did that to hide the <li> elements? You can use immediateRender:false to take care of that.

I forked your demo and used an addPause() and labels to make things a bit easier to follow. All seems to be working correctly and I don't see anything unusual with the morph plugin.

See the Pen EBvWBx by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

Hopefully that helps a bit. Happy tweening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, PointC said:

I'm not seeing any problem with morphSVG. The problem seems to be coming from your progress(1) jump in the setup function. I assume you did that to hide the <li> elements? You can use immediateRender:false to take care of that.

I forked your demo and used an addPause() and labels to make things a bit easier to follow. All seems to be working correctly and I don't see anything unusual with the morph plugin.

Hopefully that helps a bit. Happy tweening.

Thank you PointC - that makes sense!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

@knalle sorry about that! It was a very obscure (unknown) bug that'd only happen in very rare situations, and of course yours triggered it. Glad it got exposed. I just applied a fix and uploaded a new codepen-only file: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/s.cdpn.io/16327/MorphSVGPlugin.min.js

If you clear your cache, you should see that it's fixed. Better? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1