Search Community

TimelineMax sequences wokflow

ninmorfeo test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I have always used velocity.js for my animations and being new to the gsap world I still have to get used to how the animation sequences are linked.

I had already created this animation with velocity, but now I'm trying to replace the code using the gsap libraries.

So my current problem is that I have a series of cards that enter the table in sequence with a delay of 0.3 seconds one from the other.

In practice, the first line of the function I report below. I wish that once all the cards have entered the table, start the second statement that flip card one by one ( again with an associated delay).

What is the best way to proceed?

function anim_card_shuffle (chi, time, time2) {
        var a_c_f = new TimelineMax();
        a_c_f.to(chi, 1, { top:150, opacity:1, ease: Elastic.easeOut.config(1.1, 0.6) }, "in_card").delay(time)
        .to(chi, 1.5, { rotationY:180, ease: Power4.easeOut }, "flip_card").delay(time2)
        return a_c_f;
    }

$.each(carte_dorso, function (index) {
            time += 0.3;
            time2 += 0.5;

anim_card_shuffle($('#id_' + index + '_card'),time,time2)

});

I think that once I understand the workflow I can go with my project: P    

9 hours ago, ninmorfeo said:

So my current problem is that I have a series of cards that enter the table in sequence with a delay of 0.3 seconds one from the other.

In practice, the first line of the function I report below. I wish that once all the cards have entered the table, start the second statement that flip card one by one ( again with an associated delay).

What is the best way to proceed?

I think what you might be looking for is some type of stagger e.g. staggerFrom, staggerFromTo, staggerTo.

https://greensock.com/docs/TimelineMax/staggerTo()

See the Pen RzKdGa by osublake (@osublake) on CodePen

• Like 3

ok I understood that it is better to create objects first, assign a class and then decide whether to animate them in groups or singularly rather than refer to the ids of objects and iterate the animations as I did with velocity