Search Community

Make a GSAP timeline active and Inactive when clicking other items

celli test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

I am trying to figure out two things on my codePen link.

1. When you click a dot, it scales down to 2 -- but I am trying to figure out how to make that dot inactive, so that the mouseover and mouseout functions would not run on that specific dot while it is active.

2. The line and date animations can still run now (even if the item is active), but I am trying to figure out how to limit the GSAP animations to run only if the item is inactive

See the Pen MMwpjx by celli (@celli) on CodePen

Hey PointC !

Thanks for responding :)

I was trying to avoid jQuery, even though I am using it in this example I was going to try and convert those instances without using jQuery, if possible.

I thought maybe there was a way to play the GSAP instances once, and then reset them when the item is inactive again.

If you think the jQuery on and off methods would be the way to go, then maybe I'll keep it while using jQuery, but how would I integrate that into my GSAP timelines?