Search Community

Tweening Draggable's bounding values... with easing?

SammyC123 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

When you're using applyBounds() to set new container boundaries (e.g. on a resize event), is there a way to make the old boundary values tween to the new ones... with easing?

For context: I'm using Draggable on a fullscreen map element and then using applyBounds when I show/hide a sidebar. It's a rather jarring experience when the map is forced into the new boundaries. The whole screen seemingly jumps.

EDIT: Added a Codepen.

To replicate this, drag the map all the way to the left, then toggle the sidebar closed. You will see how the map jumps to fit the new boundaries. I would like to tween it to resize the bounds in tandem with the sidebar toggle animation... slowly and smoothly.

See the Pen LKVLZq by anon (@anon) on CodePen

Yes, that's perfect! Thank you.

That's so much more elegant and simple than what I thought I needed. My whole idea of tweening the container values seems pretty silly in hindsight.  ?

You GreenSock guys, I swear... you're just the best. Every single time.

• Like 1