Search Community

Help with blur filter in Adobe Animate

1by1 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

For some reason, I cannot get the blur filter to work in AdobeAnimate.

It has been a very long time since I have used flash now animate and GSAP. I have gone through the getting started docs to refamiliarize myself with GSAP, and when I follow the code, I get a blank screen when I test it in the browser. I have my .fla in the same folder as com so I am at a loss as to the reason I cannot get it to work.  I was able to make a timeline and animate using the global get URL method; however, when I try to apply the blur filter to the same string, it does not animate. I have tried adding the blur to my working timeline and it will not animate. I have attached the .fla

I get a blank screen when I attempt:

import com.greensock.TweenLite;
import com.greensock.plugins.TweenPlugin; 
import com.greensock.plugins.BlurFilterPlugin; 
TweenPlugin.activate([BlurFilterPlugin]); //activation is permanent in the SWF, so this line only needs to be run once.
TweenLite.to(logo, 1, {blurFilter:{blurX:10, blurY:10}});

My timeline that works:

var tl = new TimelineMax();

tl.from(this.logo, 0.5, {right:200, alpha:0})
.from(this.title, 0.5, {x:200, skewX:45, alpha:0},"-=0.25")
.from(this.one, 0.5, {left:-100, alpha:0} ) 
.from(this.two, 0.5, {scale:0.5, alpha:0},0 );

// when I add this it does not animate
TweenLite.to(this.three, 1, {blurFilter:{blurX:10, blurY:10}});

g.test.fla

Hi @1by1. Welcome to the forums. It looks like you're trying to use the old ActionScript version - is that correct? And are you publishing to a SWF? You posted in the HTML5/JS forums, so it's a bit confusing. I wonder if maybe you're trying to use the ActionScript stuff in a FLA that's publishing to HTML5/JS? If so, that's not possible. ActionScript only works when publishing to SWF/Air. And we haven't actively supported the ActionScript version for many years. Most of the world has moved on to HTML5/JS now. 

Let us know if there are any questions we can answer regarding the HTML5/JS version. 

Thanks for the reply.  Your answer created a new question.  I am attempting to use Adobe Create to make an HTML5 Canvas document. Ideally, I would like to use GSAP in the Adobe Create environment just because I am very familiar with it (flash). I know I can use JS code snippets from the library in the actions tab to animate so, in theory, would I not be able to use GSAP JS ?