Search Community

Please give me feedback on this animation

superasn test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I'm new to GSAP but based on the video tutorials I'm trying to create an simple text effect

Basically I'm trying to reveal the text like it's being drawn by an airplane (see my codepen)

It's working but I don't think it's looking very smooth. Maybe I should not animate the plane and just position it using the "movePlane" function?

Your feedback is appreciated.

P.S. Sorry about the ugly code (I'm very new to this) ?

See the Pen vwPQQB by superasn (@superasn) on CodePen

Maybe it would look nice if the letters were to resize from a smaller size to the end size.

Also using e.g. three planes which fly staggered could be some idea. So the animation doesn't take that long to finish and you get some more action ;-)

Just my two cents.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, leolo69 said:

Maybe it would look nice if the letters were to resize from a smaller size to the end size.

Also using e.g. three planes which fly staggered could be some idea. So the animation doesn't take that long to finish and you get some more action ;-)

Just my two cents.

Thanks, that's very good feedback!  I will try this? ...also tried to use an animated gif with smoke which is also looking good :)

36 minutes ago, Shaun Gorneau said:

Hi @superasn,

The reason for the stutter in the plane movement is that it's jumping a set number of pixels rather than tweening a set distance over a set time. Have a look here to see one way to tackle this and to allow everything to smoothly get into position.

Wow that's amazing.. it looks much smoother now, especially the text fade underneath! thanks for the help! :)

Happy to help. Often less is more and i always have to remind myself, that at the end the message is what's important. So it has to be visible very quick. Animation should put emphasis on the message you want to deliver and never distract from it. 

• Like 3