Search Community

GSAP + Flickity

Chris Prieto test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

After weighing out all the pros and cons of using something pre-made or making my own pure GSAP slider I decided to try and force GSAP and Flickity to work together. I was surprised I got this working at all. The original codepen I forked was morphing SVG shapes so it may not be the prettiest code in the world.

Now that I have something working, I am attempting to add an intro animation to build out the slider itself but when I try and tween the buttons/pager dots nothing happens. I suspect it is because they are added on page load via flickity.

So I am wondering if there is a way for GSAP to animate stuff that is added when page loads? Hopefully that makes sense.

See the Pen vwQBGM by ionz149 (@ionz149) on CodePen

6 minutes ago, OSUblake said:

Haha. I knew my first post confused you when I noticed you were searching for stuff on loading. 

hah I did not know my searches were visible. I was mid replying and was like well lemme see if I can figure this out (nope!). It is much appreciated.