ronnys

Duration of GSDevTools timeline

Hi, I would like to implement an animation with GSDevTools which lasts around 2,5 hours. Would this be possible having some certain configuration, or does GSDevTools always cut at 1000 seconds? Thx, regards

Hi again Ronnys,

I have no idea myself.

@GreenSock will be able to answer that when he shows up.

From the docs:

• Why is my Global Timeline 1000 seconds long? That means you've probably got an infinitely repeating animation somewhere. GSDevTools caps its duration at 1000 seconds. Scrubbing to Infinity is awkward.

https://greensock.com/docs/Utilities/GSDevTools

Happy tweening.

:)

Hi, I have tried my animation timeline with a duration of 10 seconds max of each tween. It works like intended (e.g. duration of timeline in total around 20 seconds as some tweens start later then 0). When I change one tween, which is my requirement, to a duration of more than 1000 seconds, e.g. 5000 seconds, the maximum duration shown in timeline is 1000 seconds. Would it be possible having a timeline with a duration of more than 1000 seconds, or does GSDevTools always cut at 1000 seconds? Thx

• Like 1

Sorry about that, @ronnys - I never thought someone would go past 1000 seconds but I can add a setting in the next version of GSDevTools that allows you to specify a maxDuration in the vars object. I just updated the codepen-only version with that change if you'd like to test it: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/s.cdpn.io/16327/GSDevTools.min.js

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great, thank you, regards