Search Community

KillTweensOf + Timeline restart

Conversant test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

See code pen URL. Wait for the animation to play. In 2 seconds, a TweenMax.killTweensOf call will be made. I'm attempting to stop the autoAlpha from advancing (animating). That woks successfully.

When I click on the square, I'm expecting the Timeline (frame_1_in) to restart and the first tween in the timeline to start like it originally did. However, the 'autoAlpha' property is now ignored (not what I was expecting). Is there a way to restart the Timeline and all the corresponding tweens/properties like 'killTweensOf' never happened? My intent was to only use killTweensOf once--- with it not impacting the timeline after it restarted.

See the Pen zQZNqz by anon (@anon) on CodePen

45 minutes ago, GreenSock said:

Well, there isn't really a way to resurrect an animation back from the dead. You killed it!

Unless you've used the little known zombie timeline in which case you need another method to kill it.?

var tl = new ZombieTimelineMax();

tl.removeTheHead();

p8DfPSt.jpg

• Haha 2

var div = document.getElementById("square");

var frame_1_in = new TimelineMax()
	if(div){frame_1_in
       .from(div, 10, {x:"+250",ease: 'Power2.easeOut'}, 0.5)
       .fromTo(div, 2, {autoAlpha: 0},{autoAlpha: 0.2},"-=10");
    };			

div.addEventListener("click", function(){
  frame_1_in.restart();
})

You should probably just put the autoAlpha on a second separate tween that runs for 2 sec.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GreenSock said:

Maybe just recreate the timeline when you need it again, or only pause() the tween instead of killing it(?)

Yeh, why go all bloodthirsty murdering rampage? What has this timeline done to you to deserve such violence?

• Haha 3