Search Community

My forum odometer just hit 3,000!!

PointC test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey everyone,

My forum odometer just hit 3,000 posts so here’s a little commemorative demo. I’m always floating around the forum so here’s a bunch of my avatars floating around and forming an invasion armada. Now you can really get tired of me. ;) This is using the new (5.01) version of Pixi along with GSAP, CustomWiggle and the Pixi plugin.

The sprites each randomly wiggle a bit in their own little orbit and there are three containers of sprites that move randomly to create a parallax effect. The middle and back containers have a blur and brightness filter applied to simulate a DOF effect.

The container blur is a bit tough on mobile devices, so I’d recommend a laptop/desktop for this one. The parallax effect looks best on full screen. You can also have fun tinting the sprites. If you’re fast enough clicking the color swatches, you can create a multi-color armada.

Thanks for letting me hang around for 3,000 posts! Happy tweening all. :)

See the Pen dEPeyL by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

• Like 4