Search Community

Tweening using input fields [SOLVED]

fs_tigre test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

This is my first time working with inputFields in Actionscript 3.0 and I’m lost.

What I want to do is create two input fields and one button, one inputField to control the X position of a movieClip and the other inputField to control the Y position of the same movieClip and be able to use the button to tween it with a CLICK event, to the position specified in the input fields.

Can some be so kind and show me how to do something like this?

Thanks

What I don't know is how to get the value from the input Field and use it in TweenLIte class.

Sorry! but most of what I do are animations using TweenLite, so I only know a little bit of actionscript 3.0 (still learning) that's why I said that if you don't have the time I will understand it since this has nothing to do with your wonderful tween engine.

Thanks

No problem - that's what I was trying to communicate in the first code snippet - did you notice what I plugged in for the x and y values? Let's say you name your TextInput component for the x-coordinate "myXField". To get the value, you just use myXField.value. It will return a String, though, so just cast it as a Number by wrapping it in Number(). Here's the code again:

function onClick(event:MouseEvent):void {
   TweenLite.to(mc, 1, {x:Number(myXField.value), y:Number(myYField.value)});
} 

If, however, you're using a regular TextField instance of type "input", then you get its value using the "text" property, so in that case the code would look like:

function onClick(event:MouseEvent):void {
   TweenLite.to(mc, 1, {x:Number(myXField.text), y:Number(myYField.text)});
}