Search Community

"Import" issue

FatMunkey test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

So I have a test file trying out an idea.  Want to use the Draggable scroller  In the screenshot below you will see that Draggable is undefined.C1.thumb.PNG.0da4c3e9414283e32caa0c205cceabd1.PNG

The file paths are all correct - I have checked my script tags thoroughly.  The problem seems to be due to the other two errors.  See below

C2.thumb.PNG.9474dd56bafb6f386b252236779920b2.PNGC3.thumb.PNG.6a6e0dccf9e7316d8ffc9c1736cceca1.PNG

This seems to be an issue with "import" as opposed to the " { "

As an aside, That last error on the list shows up in any web page i open in Chrome.  It has something to do with promises but it does not appear to be specific to ANY web page  (Google mail, CNN, etc all show that same error) and may be a problem with my browser.  At any rate, i do not think it has anything to do with the problem I'm having with GSAP.

Does anyone have any ideas?

It kinda sounds like you're trying to use the ES Module files in a browser that doesn't support them OR you didn't set type="module" on your <script> tag. Most people just use the regular ES5 minified files (the ones that end in .min.js) which work in ANY browser. 

Well some things are improved but somethings - not so much.  I switched over to the minified versions as Jack suggested and that made the difference.  But I am still getting the error on ThrowPropsPlugin if I use ""text/javascript".

<div id="impress-toolbar"></div>
<div id="impress-help"></div>

<!-- impress scripts -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="..\node_modules\impress.js\js\impress.js"></script>
<script>impress().init();</script>

<!-- gsap scripts -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="..\node_modules\gsap\src\minified\TweenMax.min.js"></script>
<script type="modules" src="..\gsap-bonuses\ThrowPropsPlugin.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="..\node_modules\gsap\src\minified\utils\Draggable.min.js"></script>

<!-- my scripts -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="index.js"></script>

</body>
</html>

As you can see in the code above, I have ThrowPropsPlugin as "module".  This does not throw an error.

However, the Draggable is not working as I expected it to.  On the product page for Draggable (https://greensock.com/draggable) this line of code results in the div being both draggable and scrollable:

Draggable.create("#scroll_1", {type:"x,y", edgeResistance:0.5, throwProps:true, bounds:window});

C1.thumb.PNG.490d2f991991d33cdc6a2e3a291d8896.PNG

As you can see in the screenshot, I have dragged the div to the left of it's original position and it is scrollable via the scroll bars.

When I use this exact same code on my test page i am able to drag the div around BUT there is no scrolling ability and the text is visible overflowing the div.

If I change the CSS to "overflow: scroll"  the overflow is hidden and I can scroll.  I can also drag the div around.  However, the div gets way ahead of the cursor as you drag it from one side of the window to the other.  Strange.