Search Community

onComplete not called when tab is inactive

pzagor2 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi all.

I'm working on this item scroll animation. The first item of the list gets moved to the bottom and all other items move up by the height of the first item. 

It works OK when the example loads for the first time, but when you open another tab it gets out of sync because the `onComplete` does not get called. You can see this by checking the console logs while the tab is inactive.

Any suggestion on what I'm don't wrong or how can I fix/improve this code.

Regards

See the Pen wZwgGN by pzagor2 (@pzagor2) on CodePen

It does help a little bit, but the items still offset a bit when the tab is inactive. It's more visible if I decrease the timeout. I updated the codepen.

I also try adding this:

TweenMax.ticker.useRAF(false);

It did not seem to help.

I would much rather fix the code so that I don't have to disable these optimization features. 

Why are you using a setInterval()? I would strongly recommend against that because it's not at all tied to browser refreshes (paints), and it's not synchronized with GSAP in any way. It would be much better to use a TweenMax.delayedCall() instead so that everything is perfectly synchronized. And I wouldn't recommend turning useRAF off either. Perhaps I'm missing the reason you were wanting to do that though. 

• Like 1