Search Community

IE11 missing a defined <rect>

mic1991 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I've got a couple of diagrams that, when I test on IE11 (albeit a browser preview via my mac), a white <rect> which I use to 'hide' the markers of a black line, isn't there. How do I remedy this without disrupting how the animations look on other browsers?

Codepens

See the Pen jJQwqd by michael19911991 (@michael19911991) on CodePen

See the Pen OqrMXG by michael19911991 (@michael19911991) on CodePen

Thanks for the demos.

I would suggest you remove everything from your file so only the <rect> is there.

If there is still a problem then at least you know it has nothing to do with GSAP or any other code you are using.

I noticed your rect has no width or height attributes. Maybe see if adding them helps. Not really too familiar with IE11's quirks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

IE11 is a notorious fussy pants when it comes to SVG. I checked your demo in IE11 and it's definitely messing up some of the animation in addition to the missing rectangle. I didn't dive too deep into it, but I'd follow @Carl's advice and remove all the animation and see if the SVG will appear correctly in IE11. I'm 99.99%  sure this has nothing to do with GSAP.

Side note: I'm not sure what your user stats look like, but IE11 is approaching end of life. CodePen won't even work with IE11 except in Debug Mode. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys, I have added inline width/height and will test again in IE11.

We get about 11% IE users versus 13% last year, so not a huge thing. Is it worth paying for Browser Stack to test this regularly, or do you know of any good quality free emulators? I'm on a Mac see...